This guide will help you quickly set up CiderTV remote to your 4th generation Apple TV.
CiderTV app is designed to provide simple navigation, text input and control of Apple TV (4th generation) running tvOS 9.1 or later and networked Smart TV volume.
2nd or 3rd generation Apple TV owners please follow this guide: How to control Apple TV 2 & 3 with CiderTV
Before you start
Please check out:
- You have the latest version of CiderTV app on your device;
- Your Apple TV is ON and is on the same WiFi network with your iPhone with CiderTV installed;
- Your 4th generation Apple TV is running tvOS 9.1 or higher;
- (optional) If you want to control volume on your smart TV - the latter should be connected to the same local WiFi too.
Short How-to video
Apple TV 4 pairing
The pairing procedure of Apple TV 4 with CiderTV app is the same both for iOS and Android devices. To pair Apple TV 4 please do the following:
- Open CiderTV app on your smartphone;
- Press on the "+" button to scan for new Apple TVs;
- Your local network scan will run automatically;
- Select your 4th generation Apple TV in the list of found devices;
- Go to the Settings menu on your Apple TV and select Remotes and Devices (using native Apple TV 4 remote or any other remote, paired to your Apple TV before);
- In section Other Devices select the Remote app item;
- You will see the name of the device you want to pair (in the example video "Almas's iPhone");
- Select it and enter our default “1111” (four ones) code;
- Your CiderTV app is now paired with your Apple TV 4!